Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Paper Crafting with Buttons.

This week I thought I would share some tips for using buttons in your paper crafting projects. I have been fascinated with buttons since I was a little girl. I can remember playing with all of the treasures I found in my Grandmas Button jar. Here are a few of my favorite things do do with buttons and some that I’ve learned by taking an Accessory class exclusively for Close to My Heart Consultants.

In the center of a flower or snowflake.
In a Line or cluster to fill in a spot that needs a little something extra.
I love tying waxy flax, embroidery floss or hemp through the button holes to give them a sewn on effect.
You can change the look of buttons by sanding or stamping them with stays on ink.
Use the rub ons to add a little something unexpected to your buttons.
I love layering buttons for a dimensional look.
Use them with hemp or Waxy Flax to close Items and make your cards or journaling interactive
Use them in place of a letter or punctuation.
Group a few of them in a corner to create a beautiful one of a kind photo corner.
Use brads through the center of button holes to give your accent a layered effect.

Close To My Heart offers buttons conveniently packaged according to season. There are 100 buttons in each pack. I have out together a slideshow of projects i’ve created using buttons. There are more on the art page of my website.

No comments: