Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Horsey Time...

So I went down to play with Sassy yesterday. I hadn't been to see her for two weeks(I was sick then hubby had surgery). I came home feeling somewhat defeated. Sassy charge at me as a punishment for my neglect. Not only that but about every ten steps she would come to a complete stop as I would pull and pull on her halter she would just stand there and look at me like, you created this with your lack of caring for my needs. The only good thing that came out of it is that I got her to turn around without facing her butt to me on her bad side in the round pen. I have been trying to get her to do this since I got her in June. Today I went back newly inspired by her giving me what I've been asking for months. She was great. She didn't stop once while I led her around, she did exactly what I asked of her when I asked it, and she didn't charge at me. What a great feeling. I even asked her to bend her head for me and stay when I tell her whoa. She is relentlessly in my space. But she did every thing I asked without fussing. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: