Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas Cards

I thought that this week I would combine Technique Tuesday with Pictures of Mondays card Workshop. We had such a good time and the girls seemed to love the cards. I thought I would Highlight some of my favorite Stamping techniques for you.

Using a Stamped Image as an accent piece is one of my favorite. I love how you can chose ANY stamp, cut out your stamped image and adhere it with a Piece of 3D foam Tape. It is a great way to highlight your theme in our favorite color.

Another of my favorites is using a stamp that has a pattern to it as a border to your card or layout that little something extra. I used a stamp that has 15 or so dots in a line, repeated stamping lining up the dots to create a border.

The third technique I used was background stamping. By stamping an image in 2nd or 3rd generation you can create a subtle back ground. You can also create a background by stamping one to a few images repeatedly creating a pattern. I love to use it to highlight a title or fill in an empty space.

Here are a few examples of how we used these techniques in our latest workshop.

1 comment:

Amy Brinnon said...

This is a test to see if I am able to comment.....................